Senior Industrial Control EngineerApply for our Senior Industrial Control Engineer position today!
Senior Industrial Control Engineer
Frakes Engineering is looking for senior industrial control engineers with experience in machining and manufacturing to join our team.
The Senior Industrial Control Engineer will work with our Industrial Solutions Group in the concepting, proposing and engineering of advanced manufacturing systems for our client base in the Midwest. These projects will cover many industries such as automotive, paper and plastics, chemical, and consumer products. Technologies utilized include motion, machine vision, robotics and machine safety and require a strong understanding of advanced manufacturing techniques. The successful candidate will have the ability to collaborate with mechanical design engineers in the development of systems and must possess highly developed communication skills. The ability to interface with the customer and translate client desires and needs into a cohesive automation solution through the development of measurable user requirements is imperative.
Applicant must have 4+ years of experience in machining and manufacturing with the expertise to:
- Program the following PLCs to perform automated tasks as required by various projects: Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc.
- Program and configure graphics systems, operator interfaces and HMIs including: FactoryTalk, Wonderware, Intellution, Citect, etc.
- Development of wiring schematics, field wiring diagrams, loop sheets and other diagrammatic documents required to guide the fabrication, installation and wiring of control systems
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Design, layout and specify control panels and systems.
- Complete engineering design, testing and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems.
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures; these include but are not limited to, equipment selection, schematic design, system layout, cost estimation and system documentation.
- Automation and SCADA project planning, scheduling and budgeting based upon project commissioning and start-up schedule.
- Develop and implement control and automation solutions based upon cause and effect documentation, P&ID’s, control narrative and an understanding of process involved.
- Generate system architecture and automation network drawings.
To apply for the Senior Industrial Control Engineer position, please send your resume and cover letter to SarahS@frakes-eng.com