Automation EngineerApply for our Automation Engineer position today!
A Controls Automation Engineer is responsible for a variety of engineering tasks in the fields of process automation, discrete automation, robotics, machine vision and SCADA. The automation engineer will successfully apply fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to take projects from concept to completion.
- Program the following PLCs to perform automated tasks as required by various projects: Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc.
- Program and configure graphics systems, operator interfaces and HMIs including: FactoryTalk, Wonderware, Intellution, Citect, etc.
- Development of wiring schematics, field wiring diagrams, loop sheets and other diagrammatic documents required to guide the fabrication, installation and wiring of control systems
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Design, layout and specify control panels and systems.
- Complete engineering design, testing and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems.
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures; these include but are not limited to, equipment selection, schematic design, system layout, cost estimation and system documentation.
- Automation and SCADA project planning, scheduling and budgeting based upon project commissioning and start-up schedule.
- Develop and implement control and automation solutions based upon cause and effect documentation, P&ID’s, control narrative and an understanding of process involved.
- Generate system architecture and automation network drawings.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.